Description – Coolant 3502-FF
Coolant 3502-FF is an economical semi-synthetic, metalworking fluid concentrate. It produces a stable micro emulsion for use in all waters, with long life. Semi-synthetic coolants are an emulsion or microemulsion of water with mineral oil, (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_fluid). The coolant is water miscible. This means that the coolant has the properties required to mix with water in all proportions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscibility
Chlorine-free, sulphur-free, secondary amine-free, formaldehyde-free. Formaldehyde and certain formaldehyde donors are now Category 1B carcinogens (MBM, MBO from December 2018 10th ATP to CLP). Formaldehyde-free coolants offer a logical response to this.
Coolant3502-FF is an oil-free, clear, water-mix cutting fluid used for sawing, turning, milling, drilling and threading, general purpose surface, cylindrical and centreless grinding on ferrous alloys including cast iron. Its performance on cast iron is excellent.
Coolant 3502-FF has good performance on non-ferrous metals.
Typical Data – Coolant 3502-FF
Concentrate – In the form of a concentrate the coolant has the appearance of an amber fluid. It has a specific gravity of 1.02 and the mineral oil content is 0%.
Emulsion – This coolant is a micro-emulsion. As an emulsion it is oil-free and has an appearance that is amber in colour. The pH level at 5% is 4.0. IP287 passes at 4.0%. Refractometers are instruments used to obtain a °Brix reading, which measures the oil content present in a coolant mixture. The refractometer factor of coolant 3205-FF is 2.4. It has Ester as an extreme pressure (EP) additive, which will provide an acidic base.
Key Benefits – Coolant 3502-FF
- The coolant has a long sump life, so it will keep in a container for an extended length of time.
- Gives improvement to tool life. This is because Coolant acts as a lubricant to reduce friction between the chip and the tool. This also improves the surface finish and helps force chips out of the flutes.
- This is a highly stable Micro-Emulsion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microemulsion
- It is operator friendly. Operator friendly cutting fluids are capable of resisting bacterial degradation. This is without the use of biocide release agents. As a good operator friendly cutting fluid it is biostable, thus improves its operator safety.
- Provides good corrosion protection. Therefore, prevents damage to equipment caused by corrosive agents.
- Low Foam in soft water.
- Reduces sticky deposits, so it low residue.
- Less product loss, which is due to Draw-Out
- Cost effective
- Long-life (6 months)
- Hard water stable
- Low foam
- Ferrous metals including stainless steel and cast iron.
- Inconel and other high spec alloys
- Titanium alloys
- Waters from 40ppm to 400ppm (Calcium hardness)
- Low foaming tendency
- Suitable for high pressure applications
- Suitable for low pressure applications
- General Machining = 5-6%
- Grinding: – cylindrical, centreless, surface = 5-7%
- Milling and threading = 5-7%
- To be stored indoors.
- Store at temperatures between 4oC and 35oC
- Shelf life is 6 months from date of supply.
- Store undercover or if outdoors on its side.