Description – Coolant CI-30-AL
Coolant CI-30-AL is 70% oil and is formaldehyde-
This is a water miscible, metalworking fluid concentrate that produces a stable tight emulsion for use in all waters. This oil is Chlorine-free, boron-free, formaldehyde-free and sensitiser-free because of this it is operator friendly. Coolant CI-30-AL is suitable for machining steel, stainless steel, aluminium alloys and titanium. The product is low-staining to sensitive aluminium alloys, which means that it will not stain most sensitive metals.
To further ensure that safe working conditions are maintained it is important to remember that even the best maintained system will require cleaning. This is due to the presence of dissolved metallic ions and the accumulation of machining debris within the sump. It is important to regularly check and clean your equipment and machinery.
Aluminium stain tests show that Coolant CI-30-AL has excellent performance in this respect. Aluminium was tested over 24 hours at 6%. The image below shows the results.
Key Benefits of Coolant CI-30-AL
- It has an ultra long sump life. Meaning it will keep in it’s container for an extended period of time.
- It will improve tool life. Coolant acts as a lubricant to reduce friction between the chip and the tool. This improves the surface finish and helps force chips out of the flutes. Coolant can improve tool life as it stops excessive heat and friction that can dull the tool.
- The oil is a highly stable emulsion. The different fluids mix together well.
- The coolant is operator friendly, meaning it is capable of resisting bacterial degradation without the use of biocide release agents, is biostable and will not normally require the use of a tank-side biocide addition.
- Excellent corrosion protection to inhibit the effects of corrosion.
- Low foam in soft water.
- Reduced sticky deposits, meaning it is low residue.
- Less product loss due to Draw-Out
- Opalescent emulsion, so it reflects an iridescent light/ colour.
- Ester lubricity additives.
- Chlorine-free EP additives.
- Ferrous metals, which include stainless steel.
- Inconel and other high spec alloys.
- Aluminium alloys.
- Titanium alloys.
General Compatibility of Coolant CI-30-AL
- Waters from 40ppm to 400ppm (Calcium hardness)
- Low foaming tendency
- Suitable for both high and low pressure applications.
- General Machining is at 5-6%.
- Grinding: cylindrical, centreless, surface is at 5%.
- Milling and threading is at 5-7%.
Typical Data – Concentrate and Emulsion
In concentrate form the appearance is an amber fluid. It has the specific gravity of ~0.92. The percentage of ester content is >6%
In an emulsion it appears as amber. The emulsion has a pH at 5% of between 9 and 9.8. It has an IP287 pass at 2.0%. The refractometer factor of it in emulsion form is 1.3.
- You should store this product indoors.
- Storage temperature to be kept at between 4 °C and 35°C.
- Shelf life is 6 months from date of supply.
- Store undercover or if outdoors on its side.