ANTICORIT PL3802-39LV8 is a low-viscosity, bariumfree automotive sheet steel lubricant for the cleaning of steel strips and blanks to remove dirt prior to stamping. It provides lubricity to improve draw-ability of metals and reduces die wear, protects the sheet metal and stamped parts from corrosion, offers excellent film stability even on vertical surfaces, is easily removed by water-based alkaline cleaners and provides phosphate, electrocoat primer and adhesive/sealer compatibility. The product is slightly turbid.
Higher viscosity versions with 60 cSt/40ºC designed for steel mill application are available as ANTICORIT PL 3802-39 S and with 100 cSt/40ºC for high performance press shop oiling as RENOFORM MCO 3802.
ANTICORIT PL3802-39LV8 is recommended for use in coil and blank washing equipment for the cleaning and protection of automotive sheet steel. If the film weight is in the region of 2 g/m², most of all subsequent pressing operations can be performed without any additional oiling.
- Suitable for coated sheets (Z, ZE, ZNE, ZF, prephosphated or bare) as well as mild steel and aluminium
- Easily removable by water based alkaline cleaner, even when aged or subjected to high temperatures
- Compatible with all adhesive / sealant materials used in the automobile industry
- Good compatibility with catephoretic paint systems even if low-solvent and low-pigment paints are used
- Safe to use because heavy metal and halogen-free and because low-aromatic base oils are used